This is your opportunity to join a dynamic fundraising team to advance world-class health care for people from across British Columbia. Apply your expertise and drive to play a pivotal role in a fast paced organization that fosters “highly-specialized” care and the next generation of innovations.
For more than 25 years, the Foundation and its donors have been the bridge between the essential health care that governments provide and the most advanced health care possible. We have an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator/Analyst to join a dynamic Foundation working in a strong team environment where every team member plays a critical role.
In consultation with the Senior Vice President for Finance and Information Systems and Data Management staff, and through regular collaboration with fundraising staff, the incumbent provides support in four primary areas:
• Lead Expert on the Fundraising and Related Systems – will be the lead expert within the organization on the fundraising and related systems.
• Business and Technical Analysis, Reporting, and Programming – data analysis, extractions, reporting, and other functions related to working with and managing information in the fundraising database and related systems. This includes building and maintenance of the data warehouse and reporting environment and projects of similar complexity that allow the organization to utilize the fundraising system more effectively.
• Data Management and Data Integrity – provides reports, guidelines and performance monitoring for the important elements of data integrity in the fundraising system. Maintains a set of monthly metrics that help to define and track data performance over time. Develops policies and procedures that support and enhance data integrity.
• Support & Training – helps staff to be more productive with fundraising and reporting by “training the trainer”, developing a community of “power users”, preparing training materials, trouble-shooting and answering questions.
The incumbent will design and implement projects and systems that help ensure effective use of information systems and technology. This includes all aspects of analytics and reporting, best practices in data management and web content creation and deployment in a complex organizational environment.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to help provide the vision for information deployment and technical enhancements to the Foundation’s infrastructure which will have a measurable impact on the success of the Foundation’s fundraising activities. The incumbent will need to demonstrate and employ advanced, “hands-on”, technical skills associated with an experienced and successful database administrator/programmer/analyst.
Reports to: Senior Vice President for Finance and Information Systems
Education & Experience
• University degree or equivalent diploma, ideally in information management with an emphasis on database management, reporting and SQL programming. Ideally 3 years hands on experience in a complex technical environment or equivalent demonstration of course work and projects.
• Familiar with a range of software including relational databases, reporting software, data cubes and other analytics tools with an emphasis on Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and related technology.
• 2 – 3 years experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software.
• Web content creation and publishing tools (Dreamweaver and Photoshop).
• Inquisitive with a strong desire to learn how prospects and donors are motivated to provide philanthropic support to these causes.
• Superior understanding of data integrity, database concepts and business processes related to the acquisition and entry of information into the Foundation’s fundraising database. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and able to draw out needs and issues from a diverse group of users. Training skills and ability to educate and explain technical and related concepts to non technical staff. This may include analytical models and statistical concepts. Able to work independently and with a team.
• Well developed written communication and data visualization skills.